Friday 6 November 2009

More than this, whatever it is...

... baby, I hate days like this.

That's how Mika's new song, "Rain", goes. Yesterday was a Rainy day in Milan. And it came rather unexpected, in the late evening after a glass of wine, on my way to Cadorna.

Rainy days, make what you want of them. If you're outside, they are cold, wet and uncomfortable (mind you, our rain here isn't exactly tropical). I prefer to live through them from the inside of my home. Preferably under a warm blanket with a cup of tea. And for once I turn off the music and listen to the sound of water hitting the dusty streets, washing away the traces of whoever walked them. Under these circumstances, I am completely fine by myself. Only at this time can I be alone and not think about going out.

Moreover, it's fairly therapeutic. I like to think of it as an opportunity to stay in, rather than an obstacle to going out. A little me-time. In fact, if I am to contemplate the larger questions in life, it must be raining.

In ways, it's sad that I get philosophical only when forced to be with myself for a while. But then again, as I do enjoy it quite a lot, I don't mind having an excuse to love the autumn rain.



This fabulous mix is by Benny Benassi, the original can be found HERE!

No comments: