Wednesday 24 March 2010

God was there...



I remember watching Ida Maria in concert two summers ago at the Hove Festival. They used to make so much fun of her for going crazy on stage, and I remember I used to laugh and think she was nothing special, not even bothering to look her songs up.
. They used to make so much fun of her for going crazy on stage, and I remember I used to laugh and think she was nothing special, not even bothering to look her songs up.. They used to make so much fun of her for going crazy on stage, and I remember I used to laugh and think she was nothing special, not even bothering to look her songs up.

It was in Milan one night I was thinking about Norway, just youtube-ing random Norwegian artists that her name popped into my head again. And so I looked her up. Honestly, you don't find that much on the web by her, but for those of you that know her, you've probably heard Oh My God and I like you so much better when you're naked.

The song that, however, really struck me was Stella. Basically God comes down to earth for some companionship (oooh, blasphemy) and ends up choosing this 43-year old hooker that he comes to like so much he promises her the whole wide World if she only stays with him for one night.
"And it made me realize how much you wanna give away just to feel loved. And the Lord blinked to me and asked 'What is real love to you? What is fake and what is true?'"
We like to think of God as this omnipotent power, a someone or something that doesn't have the same craving for love and acceptance, unlike us. Well, what if he isn't? After all we keep on reading he created us in his image...

No comments: