Monday 5 October 2009

Orange Trams and Golden Leaves

Where: Via Giovanni Pascoli.
When: Around 3 p.m.
Why: We were in search of an Apple Service Center.
How did we get there: TRAM.

One of the things I miss the most when I leave this city are the trams. Not the new green ones, but the ancient orange ones from the 1900s.
I personally despise public transportation when I actually have to get somewhere, but on the other hand, I love taking the tram early in the morning with all the other people who have to get to work. It makes me feel like I'm one of them.
Another thing that makes my chest area warm up is seeing all the bakeries along the roads. I wish I could enter anyone someday and get freshly baked pizza that will probably end up rotting in my kitchen.
These early tram rides keep my sleepy mind in a dark haze, but still make me feel like I'm going somewhere with an aim and a strict time schedule.
Too bad I rarely ever manage to get up before lunch time.

On this day however, Casanova decided to take me on a real chore: fix my mac.
I tried to pout and act annoyed for the ridiculous amount of miles we walked, but the autumn leaves were simply too poetic.
They left a blurry snapshot in my mind of some mysterious romantic verse in that is sung everywhere across these streets... while you take a sip of your morning coffee, or while you finish the last puff in your Marlboro before the tram comes.

So, I will share these snapshots with all of you. What do you guys think of when you look at them carefully? I'd love to know.




No comments: