Monday 24 August 2009

Mac'n'Cheese

I'm hungry, and what better to do than cook something.
I want Macaroni and Cheese and I am going to cook it. I don't know how, but with the Internet readily available, I googled it and fell for a baked variety of this classic.


It was originally for 6-8 people, but with some basic calculus I figured these would be the ingredients.

  • 75 g fusilli (any kind of pasta will do)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp butter
  • 1 1/2 tbsp flour
  • A dash of mustard
  • 1 yellow onion
  • A dash of Paprika
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 dl Ridder Cheese (couldn't find Cheddar), grated
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • Black Pepper
  • Breadcrumbs
  1. Cook the pasta al dente and heat the oven to 180ºC.
  2. Melt the butter, stir in flour and mustard. Let it simmer without creating lumps for 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in milk, onion and paprika, add the egg and 3/4 of the cheese. Let simmer for about 7 minutes.
  4. Fold the sauce with the pasta and add salt and pepper.
  5. Top with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
  6. Stick it all in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
  7. Bon apetìt!

No comments: