I'm hungry, and what better to do than cook something.
I want Macaroni and Cheese and I am going to cook it. I don't know how, but with the Internet readily available, I googled it and fell for a baked variety of this classic.
It was originally for 6-8 people, but with some basic calculus I figured these would be the ingredients.
- 75 g fusilli (any kind of pasta will do)
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- A dash of mustard
- 1 yellow onion
- A dash of Paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 dl Ridder Cheese (couldn't find Cheddar), grated
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cook the pasta al dente and heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Melt the butter, stir in flour and mustard. Let it simmer without creating lumps for 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk, onion and paprika, add the egg and 3/4 of the cheese. Let simmer for about 7 minutes.
- Fold the sauce with the pasta and add salt and pepper.
- Top with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Stick it all in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Bon apetìt!